19 August, 2010

Active Time

18th August, 2010



I put up in village during my childhood. I am staying in cities from past 14 years. Though every life style has its pros and cons, I am concerned about active time that a person cares in city.
I recently moved to new campus called Orion near Intel office due to team relocation (Earlier it was 5 min walk from my room J). Past few days I observed the cab taking more than an hour both to and fro. For my case it is optimum when I compare people who are traveling more than 4 hrs per day.
Assuming spending 2 hrs (up and down) per day in journey, per month it is about 40 hrs. Wow! One week of active time that we used to spend in office, gone just as journey. It means we will be wasting about ¼ of month on every month. Per year how much, and entire career??? Where we are? All this wastage is Active Time, one can do something useful.
No one cares… Every one wants hail to city. We will only recognize time value in emergency. Unknowingly we rush in every activity. But it is how city life is.
Is there any solution? Simple. Society won’t change, but we can . Read something (don’t make it habit, reading during journey is not suggested), listen to ethical stories or some technical speeches, think an algorithm, many… may be public is much smarter.

No comments: